KEY TAKEAWAY POINTS:
• A wettable contact lens surface is critical for maintaining a smooth and stable tear film.
• PRECISION1™ (verofilcon A) contact lenses have a highly breathable silicone hydrogel core with 51% water content surrounded by a permanent moisture layer of hydrogel polymers with >80% water content.
• SMARTSURFACE® Technology is a micro-thin (2-3 microns) layer of moisture, which is permanently anchored to the lens core creating a highly wettable and lubricious surface.
• PRECISION1™ contact lenses showed superior in vitro lens surface wettability by maintaining an intact layer of moisture on the surface longer when compared to Baush + Lomb INFUSE, ACUVUE^ OASYS 2-Week, ACUVUE^ OASYS 1-DAY, Biotrue^ ONEday, 1-Day Acuvue^ Moist, clariti^ 1 Day and MyDay^ contact lenses.
• PRECISION1™ contact lenses achieved high ratings from wearers in overall comfort, overall vision and overall handling and also showed superior end of day vision, end of day comfort and overall handling compared to 1-Day Acuvue^ Moist.
• PRECISION1™ for Astigmatism features Alcon’s proven PRECISION BALANCE 8|4 lens design and provides a stable contact lens on eye.